Grab My Button Please!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

My set up...

I just finished a card order and even though I am tired, I do not feel like crashing just yet. I was taking pictures of the last card of the night and decided to tidy up my workspace and photograph it. While I am certainly no Ansel Adams or even anyone that could take a purposely blurry photo...I do what I can, which is hope it turns out okay. But I took Justin's good ole Canon Rebel and photographed my workspace. My happiest place in the house, the place where time seems to stand still (to me even though it flies by in reality)...the colors I love, the patterns I adore, the mismatch of items that I think look great thrown together. I am a bright, chipper personality stuck inside this body and attitude. I love the office, how can you be depressed in such a bright room. It certainly glows!!!

My Dad buys old out of date parking meters from around the country and then takes them apart, restores them and refinishes them. He gave me this one, I loved the color and thought it was an awesome piece of history to have. I believe this particular one is from OK. Oh and it makes a perfect display for my Disney Princess Mickey Mouse Ears from our anniversary trip last year. 
 The card I just finished...I never know where to begin, it all starts with one simple idea, in this case it was a dog..which turned into two dogs and then a bunch of cut outs later I came up with this. I found these adorable alphabet stickers that incorporate flowers into the letters, I bought them a couple of nights ago at Walmart with no real intention in mind. They came in rather handy tonight. The Love blocks (turns into KISS< HUGS and XOXO) I found in the $ bins at Target last month to use on our mantle in the family room...well they have come in rather handy.

 I stole Justin's shelf that I had bought him for his pool table/game room that is currently housing the toy room and our couch... I will buy him a new one when we finally take the pool table out of storage. My yellow cricut fits in rather nicely with the green walls. I love it! My Mom bought me this cricut on clearance at Walmart last month...must have been last years model or something.
 Okay so it looks pretty pathetic at the moment, I have not watered it today... (ok I just did)...I think it will need to be moved to a sunnier room..But I LOVE hydrangeas, these were to be my wedding flowers of choice when we married almost 6 yrs ago, but we could not find them anywhere. My wedding color was this shade of blue. My Mom bought this for me at Savemart this week after I would not stop complaining about how I wanted one because they looked so awesome...
 My tools of choice...I love this pen, one side is fine the other is thicker...Works great for all kinds of things yet does not bleed like the sharpie fine tip marker. I have not received my business cards yet so I had to whip something up this morning to send with my orders today. Oh and you can see my adorable custom (affordable) stamp there too...

 I have a MOM calendar...has columns for husband and kids as well as MOM (me)... so I can keep track of everything. I am now writing my orders up there as well to keep track.
 I have had this piece of paper since I first worked at Chase bank. This kind of creepy guy on my team in the cube next to me dreamed of becoming a Disney Imagineer...He could draw anything. Well he drew this for me one day  because I am infatuated with all things Eeyore (The positive pessimist)....LOL I have kept this drawing since 2002, carried it throughout my career at Chase, then State Farm and as a stay at home mom. I love it!!! Cannot remember the guys name, but I will cherish this forever.
I bought this lamp a year ago...I cannot remember which came first, the paint color on the walls or the lamp. But I had a vision and they belonged with each other. I love this lamp..best $16.99 I ever spent at Target. It produces a lot of light for a little guy and it helps to fill in the light that the overhead lighting misses for my card photos. Makes all the difference! It even produces enough light to work by without the overhead...But when crafting I prefer all the light I can get. 
And finally...my little Eeyore statue up on the shelf looking over me everyday. It reads It seems I've got another case of the Mondays. Probably my favorite aspect...

Well there you have it, the place I hobby at... My little sanctuary when my kids are not crashing it. My own little eclectic mix of items all thrown together into one room. My desk was a freebie from a lady I met on freecycle in AZ and it has been moved 4x since I received it in 2008. I painted it white (not well)...it is older than I am and weighs a ton. But it is good to me!!! Well it is now officially the weekend! I am going to enjoy my kid free time and craft tomorrow!!! Happy weekend!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice area. I think the lamp came before the room color. And there are still more parking meters for sale if anyone is interested, we can give you the contact information. Her Dad does a fantastic job on the reconditioning of these meters. Just tasted the peanut butter/chocolate cake bite...it is sinful! I am going to have to stay away from these things because they are just too good!