Grab My Button Please!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday, Monday, Monday...

Eh, it's Monday again...I woke up pretty chipper and managed to talk my husband into dropping the boys off at school today since he had to be up early any way to work the opening shift at work. Filed our taxes last night and very happy to report we will be paying off our truck! WHOOHOO!!!! That will ease our finances a bit and maybe the boys can participate in more sports, I cannot wait for Ryen to turn four this summer so he can play in the same pee wee sports through the rec center that his five year old brother plays. Then they can both be occupied while I walk laps around whatever park they play at.

This weekend felt like spring here and it was oh so wonderful!!!! I busted out my flip flops yesterday and painted polka dots on my toes! I wish it would continue, but the weather report calls for rain this weekend BOO!

I happily did not accomplish ANYTHING this past weekend and I did NOT watch the superbowl so I have no idea what anyone is talking about on facebook with the halftime show. I do not like football, really not into any sports...the only ones I will watch are baseball and hockey in person...

I did get to enjoy a wonderful night out with my husband and we saw No Strings Attached which was a wonderful movie, we laughed throughout the entire thing along with the other couples in the theater. We went to what apparently is a bit older theater because the seats reminded me of the kind we sat in as kids. It felt weird to actually have to support your own head up through the movie. I know I sound lazy, right...But seriously, I have come to enjoy not being able to see the back of someone's head in front of me and I felt weird knowing someone behind me was seeing my big head. Nonetheless, it was a great movie, we paid using Christmas gift certificates...but $5.25 for a liter sized bottle of water. COME ON!!! I will never do that again!

I also enjoyed a kid free 36 hour period this past weekend and it was wonderful and quiet...Not listening to whining and arguing or screaming...not having to make food for someone else or change a diaper. Glorious, mommies need these times more often. I feel recharged, refreshed, rejuvenated...Ahhhhhh, but back to the grind.

Also spent a nice afternoon and lunch with my sister in law, being the superbowl yesterday, no one was really out shopping or eating so it was nice and quiet and I think we had a good time. I would like to do things like that more often, kid free. It is nice to spend quality time with other adults in your life, especially family and it not feel awkward... I do not have that very often.

But this being the week before Valentine's Day, I have a couple of cake pop orders to start getting ready...as well as TWO playdates at the end of the week and my two school aged boys are off of school this Friday (for some odd ball reason). I plan to make the most of my time this week and will be counting down the days until that tax return money is in our bank account so I can tell our bank to piss off and we will be lienholder free!!!!

Happy Monday Peeps!!!!  Until tomorrow.....

No comments: