Grab My Button Please!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cake bites

Cake bites were my biggest hit this Valentine's Day. I sold more of them and made more of them then cake pops or cards. I was rather disappointed in how well my cards did, they started off well and then just hit a stand still. I am aiming to be  more ambitious for Easter and get all of my ducks in a row so I have  a larger variety of  cards to choose from on my etsy page.

I want to take time to thank all of my customers in the past month; friends, family, friends of family, acquaintances and people that just stumbled upon my store on etsy. I truly appreciate your support, it means SO much to me!

I have been going over pricing in my head, with my husband and with my sister in law. When I began this, I was not sure if I could even do it or if anyone would buy anything from me...I never think my stuff looks good. So I under priced my cake pops and really am not making much for my time, I am barely making up what I spent to start  it all. I truly enjoy making them, even though they are quite time consuming. So I will be raising my prices a bit to help cover my costs. So look for that to come soon, not too much though and I am still quite competitive with other sellers. So stick with me, please..
My cards all vary in price depending on my materials and how much time I spent gluing those pieces together as well as cutting them out. But they will still remain affordable!

I am looking into selling my cake bites and pops on etsy, it scares me a little with the idea of shipping because I would feel absolutely terrible if someone received an order of smushed or broken goodies. It would deflate their happiness as well as my own. So I am working on some trial runs to see how I need to package them and keep it affordable to my buyers.

Easter excites me because I absolutely adore spring...I love bright and happy colors, I love the weather and newness that spring brings. So I will be experimenting with colors and sprinkles and shapes for Easter...I cannot wait!

But seriously to all of my followers and customers. I adore you!

No comments: