Grab My Button Please!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

100 Cake Pops in the Mail!!!

I did it! I set out a goal, a very last minute goal yesterday. I only had to get 30 cake pops made and shipped by today. I made 100 last night all by myself...Then before retiring for the night managed to get all 100 wrapped and tied so they could be labeled today. I started on them at 9am this morning, I had 100 labels to cut out, stamp my info on and then 100 ingredient lists to write...well I started handwriting the  ingredient lists...but about 15 or 20 in I gave up on that because it took me about an hour with interruptions from my son. So I moved on to the computer, that took longer than I planned. My desktop was not cooperating at all...drove me crazy, then would no longer print wirelessly for some reason. So I emailed it to myself so I could print on my mini laptop, well what do you know...they run different operating systems and also have different word versions on them. So when I tried to open and print on my laptop it totally messed my document up...Plan B...I pulled the printer as far as I possible could toward my desktop and then moved the cpu as close to the printer as possible without unplugging from the wall...and tada I finally was able to print. It was pretty bizarre looking if you walked in on me while holding the cpu and reaching for the printer. But finally worked...then with the late help of my Mom, I was able to get the printed circles cut out and glued to my pink tags. Something simple turned into something very drawn out and irritating...Then to make matters worse, I had some issues printing out my two shipping labels. I had to send two packages because the one medium box would not fit all 100 of course, and neither would the large priority box I obtained this morning from the post office. Three computers later, that finally worked out and printed from my Mom's laptop. Thank goodness, whew...wiping the sweat from my brow..One hour before the post office closes, and my packages are dropped off. Yay! So sampler village should have them in their hands in two to three days. I hope everything gets there in once piece or I may die from annoyance. I wrapped those bad boys GOOD....So as long as no one plays hockey with the boxes or sits on them, they should be fine. I just realized I FORGOT to write fragile on them. DANG! I am praying.... crossing everything that can be crossed in hopes they arrive in Quakertown PA perfect!

I just listed some cake pops on etsy, overcame my shipping fear although this first experience was quite irritating and frightening. If they make it across the country to PA in one piece then they  can make it anywhere else. Please let them get there okay. Check out my listings...I am going to put my effort into cards the next couple of days.

No comments: