Grab My Button Please!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Newness & Reflections

I just want to thank everyone that is a follower of my blog, it means a lot to me. I am still sick, I start to feel better then  do too much around the house and bam it hits me harder. Now all of the boys are coughing too which is no good. I have been slacking bad...I have not really worked on any cards, have only used my new gypsy once because frankly it intimidates me, I have been spending more time at the park with my kids this week, I spent an entire day cleaning to make up for all of my sleeping and downtime from being sick last week. So it is already almost Thursday and the week has not been much of an accomplishment, except for my kids. My oldest is in kindergarten, on Monday they sent them home with potatoes. Why you ask? They are potato babies for the week, the kids had to name them and decorate them. They must carry them around everywhere they go all week long, if they cannot take them somewhere they must find a babysitter. So his potato baby is Spongebob Potatohead. We decorated him on Monday afternoon...sadly in one day he has lost both hands, both feet and one tooth. My youngest tried to bite a chunk out of him and then threw him from the swing...and my oldest tried to make him the driver of his firetruck and it took five minutes of prying and pulling for my husband to get him out. So he is pretty bruised up already and it has been three days. He must journal his day with his baby every night and read his potato baby a story before bed time. I thought it would be neat, but my son is less than thrilled with it. The excitement wore off after the first night. It takes forever to journal because I must spell all of the words out for him...I cannot wait until he knows how to read!

Another new development is my oldest has a wiggly tooth...it kind of freaked me out when he told me. I feel like he  is still so young, a loose tooth already. I am not ready to be the tooth fairy too...it is a good thing he is a hard sleeper. I remember when I found my baby teeth in my dads drawer when I was probably 7 or 8 and I was puzzled how he got them from the tooth fairy...then I think my brother is the one that told me there was no such thing. I pride myself every year on trying to make my kids think there is an Easter Bunny and Santa. I go to great lengths to keep it real for them, it is fun for me...so now to add one more thing to the list. I am just not ready. But alas the tooth will come out, and I will keep it forever...add it with his baby book. Time just flies by so fast. In two months he will be graduating from kindergarten. I was at the park today, pushing my youngest on the swing, standing there watching all of these bigger kids running around playing freeze tag. It reminds me of how much fun it was to play as a kid..how carefree everything was..how simple things were entertainment. It made me realize, when I had my kids, I only imagined how they would be as babies. I never pictured them grown. I of course knew they would get bigger, but they amaze me everyday with the things they know and say, how grown they act sometimes. It just felt weird standing there seeing my oldest playing tag with his friends and realizing soon he will be going to school for a full day, he will be reading, learning to tie his shoes (hopefully sooner than later), spending the night at friends houses, wanting to hang out with friends after school, getting into trouble, eating more food than you can ever imagine one person could eat...all three boys will do these things and while they seem so young for now, before I know it BAM they will be teenagers. Makes me sad because I know I will look back on these days and miss them terribly...but in the moment they make me crazy. But for now I am just adjusting to the idea of my first born losing a tooth soon.

No comments: