Grab My Button Please!

Friday, March 11, 2011

It's a flavor revolution!!!

Happy Friday everyone!

While I want to get to what I came on here for, I first want to take a moment to reflect on the terrible tragedy going on in Japan right now. My heart goes out to everyone affected by the earthquake and tsunami! I cannot imagine the amount of fear, horror and loss so many people are going through right now. May God be with them in this terrible time.


So I am in the kitchen today, with my mini notebook computer...brainstorming and baking.  I have more than 68 cake pops to get ready...some of them are not due until middle  of the week so I am just getting my cakes baked and pops rolled so I can freeze them and dip them later in the week. Today marks the official start of spring break in my household, not that it really means much; except that my kids will drive me crazy for an extra four hours each day this coming week and lose structure in their routines. But for right now, my kids are still in their school day routine and taking a nap before we go out front to ride bikes and create noise and havoc on our neighborhood.

So I am announcing my experiment! I am going to try candy bar cake pops (maybe a butterfinger variety, snickers or something else), cookies n cream cake pops, (once I find the recipe) coconut chocolate cake pops (that in my vision taste like eating a mounds candy bar) and the flavor I will try today will be rocky road since I already bought the extra ingredients for that one. I also want to try cherry chip once I find a recipe for it and my own version of tiramisu once I find the ingredients I need to try that one. In addition to those flavors, I want to try something with caramel and maybe do a make your own flavor combo option.

Tell me what you think, do you have any flavor suggestions you would like to see?

No comments: