Grab My Button Please!

Friday, April 22, 2011

Hoppy Easter !!

It has been a whirlwind month...busy with school functions and planning...playdates...fundraising for March of Dimes...cake pops, cake pops, cake pops...Earth Day fair at Mills College in Oaklandd (which is gorgeous and the people are super nice, we met a student that makes awesome jewelry using shrinky dinks)....spending a lot of time outdoors with my kiddos...quality time with my hubs....there are just never enough hours in the day, I swear. But I hear on discovery channel that the days will be longer eventually because of the earth slowing down or something...so maybe someday I will have an extra hour or two to get more done. Easter is almost here, I have a busy weekend with my kids and our family... Tomorrow is an egg hunt at the park which is orchestrated by the city, my middle son is more excited that they will be selling hotdogs than he is about the actual egg hunt (since last Saturday at his brothers elementary school he fell and skinned both knees during their egg hunt)... The boys saw the Easter bunny at bass pro shop last weekend, my youngest freaked out just like with Santa so I am in the picture. Good thing I was dressed nicely and actually did my hair that morning. Then I have to come home and make some deviled eggs and yams before heading to visit my dad (POP) at his rehab home (broke his hip a couple weeks ago) with all of the grandkids and my siblings so we can have Easter dinner in their living room area. Home in time for hubs to get home from work so we can dye all of the hardboiled eggs I made today. Come Sunday morning I should have everything ready for the boys Easter baskets and all of the plastic eggs filled in time for the bunny to hide. I bought plastic golden eggs for them to find with dollar bills in them. I think I am more excited for Sunday then they are...I love Easter...I love every holiday really, but it just seems so magical to do these things for my kids so they have something to believe in. It is so fun for me, I love being Santa on Christmas eve and putting everything out for them...I am looking forward to being the tooth fairy soon when my 5 year old loses his loose tooth. My kids even believe in leprechauns. This is why I had kids, I have looked forward to these events since I can remember. It is just so special for me. I hope they love it and remember these moments, if not I will have the pictures to show them. I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed Easter weekend

No comments: